When you look at the racing we have been lumbered with today, you have to laugh and so The Fun Punters will be the people most interested in having any kind of a bet today.
All I’m going to do is post up a very speculative Chepstow Placepot but with the racing there on a par with the Donkey Derby, do not expect fireworks and champagne!
- LEG 1 – Only two previous running’s of this race and whilst they were won by the fifth and fourth best on the tissue respectively, the favourite has placed in both and so, I’ll suggest we simply enter FAV on the Placepot entry. SELECTION – FAV
- LEG 2 – No previous running of this race but it’s five runners, it’s 25/1 bar two and so whilst we do not need to find the winner, I’ll nominate number 3 on the race card, BASHFUL. SELECTION – (3)
- LEG 3 – Only one previous running of this race and the favourite came home in second place. We have 10 going to post but it’s 18/1 bar three and 33/1 bar four. TAMAAMM is currently 4/7 favourite and barring accidents and incidents, looks sure to fill the frame. SELECTION – (7)
- LEG 4 – No previous running of this event and so with 12 x 3-y-o’s going to post, for a Class 6, I’m going to suggest we have three running for us here. I’ve seen money for two, although once has since drifted slightly. CREMA INGLESA (4) and MONSIEUR FANTAISIE (10) are in plus a horse currently trading a double figure price, racing from a middle to high draw (I’m seeing that as a positive), EQUISENTIAL (6) who races for Hughie Morrison. Morrison has booked top jockey riding there today, to do the steering and Hughie’s 20% strike rate with non-handicap 3-y-o’s makes it interesting. Confident? Not a chance but it’s a Class 6. SELECTIONS – (4, 6, 10)
- LEG 5 – Another lovely Class 6 but two horses stand out, YANIFER and GOSNAY GOLD. Both are being supported in the market but of that pair it’s GOSNAY GOLD seeing most interest. I’m going the brave mans route and suggesting the Muir runner as my Placepot selection here. If you wish to simply follow trends then you go with the current favourite, YANIFER. The favourite has won six of the seven running’s of this and finished second in the one it didn’t win. He is horse 14 on the race card. SELECTION – (2)
- LEG 6 – I need a minimum of two running for me here. This is a complete and utter pooch of a race, 12 Class 6 mules trying to give it toes for six furlongs. The market position of the last eight winners of this have been 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2….so it looks odds on the second or third favourite wins it….so let’s pop them in. Currently they are DIAMOND COTTAGE (9) and TAWAAFOQ (5), on the race card. If you wanted to include YANIFER in that previous race and run with just one here, go with DIAMOND COTTAGE. SELECTIONS – (9, 5)
That’s 6 bets.
Best of luck!