A very good day of punting yesterday but it’s a lot quieter today, just one meeting to work with.
If a profit is made, it will be job done.
WHAT THE ICONS NEXT TO A RATED HORSES NAME MEAN
- * – SIGNIFIES A HORSE HAVING WON ON THE GOING AS DESCRIBED WHEN RACE RATED
- $ – INDICATES THE BEST DRAWN HORSES
- OMM – INDICATES OVERNIGHT MARKET MOVER
- BRF – BOTTOM RATED FAVOURITE
- T – HORSE HAVING TRAVELLED A ROUND TRIP OF 300 MILES OR MORE TO RACE
- H – INDICATES THE HORSE IS WEARING FIRST TIME HEADGEAR (BLINKERS, HOOD, ETC)
- W – RACING FIRST TIME SINCE A WIND OPERATION
- W2 – SECOND RUN SINCE WIND SURGERY
- 3 – INDICATES 3-Y-O IN ALL AGED HANDICAP
- D – INDICATES OVERNIGHT MARKET DRIFTER
- DUTCH TOP THREE RATED
- IF WE HAVE A NON-RUNNER IN MY TOP THREE, EMPLOY NATURAL PROGRESSION
- IF WE HAVE AN OMM OUTSIDE MY TOP THREE, CONSIDER A DUTCH FOUR
- IF WE HAVE A BOTTOM RATED FAVOURITE CONSIDER INCLUDING IN A DUTCH FOUR
- ADJUST STAKING LEVELS WHEN THE %AGE CHANCE OF SUCCESS IS INCREASED BY VIRTUE OF THE MARKET PRICES OF THOSE AT THE HEAD OF MY RATINGS (SEE RATED RACE GRADINGS BELOW)
RATED RACE GRADING
The figure in brackets, next to the race time, indicates the staking level you should consider based on the probability of success. You will very rarely see anything above three.
- Keep staking as low as a snakes belly.
- Might be a snake but let’s go lizard.
- Better, feeling confident
- Now you’re talking!
- W.H.M.S.R.S (Acronym = When Harry Met Sally Restaurant Scene
The Gradings will be applied in the second Newsletter.
(D), * – INTO OVERDRIVE….-18 (0%)
* – BOYS ON TOUR….-25 (67%)
AIN’T MY FAULT….-32 (67%)
(D) – DEEP CHARM….-38 (50%)
* – PITEMPTON POWER….-38 (18%)
(OMM) – UPTOWN HARRY….-40 (0%)
(OMM) – SCOTTISH ACCENT….-40 (46%)
TOP THREE DUTCH PLUS OMM
20/80 – INTO OVERDRIVE
EXOTICS – INTO OVERDRIVE, BOYS ON TOUR, AIN’T MY FAULT
ONE TO LAY –
FOUR PREVIOUS RUNNING’S OF THIS RACE – NO TRENDS
(OMM), * – ELVIS MAIL….+9 (55%)
T – WORD HAS IT…-6 (56%)
(D) – SERIOUS EGO….-34 (38%)
(D) – STAINSBY GIRL….-40 (33%)
(D) – ALBERT’S BACK….-40 (75%)
BATTLE OF WILLS….-40 (18%)
TOP THREE DUTCH
20/80 – ELVIS MAIL
EXOTICS – ELVIS MAIL, WORD HAS IT, SERIOUS EGO
ONE TO LAY –
NO PREVIOUS RUNNING’S OF THIS RACE – NO TRENDS