A few people had some fantastic returns of the work produced in this section on Thursday and whilst I’ll never promise anything, I’m always “trying”.
If you are not currently a subscribed member of Post Racing but would like to receive every scrap of work I produce every day, please visit the SHOP….link in the menu up above.
There has been a massive move for a horse called HONITON in the 4-10pm race here. Opened last night at 25/1, the best price now is 4/1….my members were advised earlier, when this horses was 6/1.
I’m thinking a low draw might be a positive here and the four draw is fine. The Gosden yard does well here with 3-y-o’s, six winners from 28 runners of that age over the last five years. Still a 20/80 at the price.
The best backed horse of the day runs here. THUNDER MOOR makes juvenile debut for Kevin Ryan and having opened 7/2 last night the cat was let out of the bag and they piled in. The 13/8 my members were told about this morning is now nothing but a memory….11/8 is the best you’ll find but everything else in that six runner field has drifted and this horse is “expected”.
I’d never be strong about anything running here but I’m seeing support for one I’d earmarked when working on this meeting yesterday afternoon.
AIMERIC, making debut for Roger Varian opened 5/1, hit 11/2 but this morning they’ve been constantly nibbling away….4/1, 10/3 and now 3/1 for this half brother to Group 1 winner ACLAIM.
Definitely worth chucking in an e.w. Lucky 15.
The Colin Tizzard trained LANSPARK is certainly attracting the punters in early doors today. He opened 5/1 and has seen support at all rates down to the price he trades at now….3/1.
The race has a very open look to it and with only six runners you are looking at finishing 1-2 here but another you should consider for that e.w. Lucky 15.
An outsider that has been interesting the players today is LARGY FIX (1-44pm). He is making Handicap debut over fences today, racing first time following a wind operation and the early 14/1 is now half that, 7/1 and only AIRE VALLEY LAD offering any market competition, as both the front pair on the tissue drift.
I’d go 20/80 and play a single only, unless you are feeling all frivolous.
This is a cracking good card and I’ll cover each race in turn:
- 2-09pm….three horses – LIME DROP 15/2 > 5/1, MEGAN 15/2 > 6/1 and MERRY MISTRESS 15/2 > 6/1 – are the horses interesting punters most in what is a very competitive race with nearly £26k to the winner. I’d dutch that trio to make a profit.
- 2-44pm….they do not want Alan King’s ISOLATE 7/4 > 3/1 and both NOCTE VALUS and NUMITOR are also on the slide, though nothing like as drastic. Two seeing support are QUOI DE NEUF 18/1 > 9/1 and MAHLER’S PROMISE 20/1 > 10/1 and of that pair I’d be most interested in QUOI DE NEUF, the 8-y-o….they have taken three of the five previous running’s and he’s a 20/80 for a yard going well right now (43% RTF).
- 3-19pm….It’s another Evan William’s runner being very well supported here, HOWDOYALIKEMENOW 11/1 > 11/2. Ran a good race in the Imperial Cup recently and whilst the favourite, ZABEEL CHAMPION is by no means weak 4/1 > 3/1, it might be a two horse dutch pays you a dividend.
- 3-52pm….first time wind-op, first time headgear (tongue-tie), had been enough to tempt players in on ENQARDE 8/1 > 5/1. A previous course and distance winner he is 0-3 ground so maybe a place only punt. He’s definitely fancied to run a big race though.
- 4-29pm…. Jonjo O’Neill’s AN TAILLIUR is weak at the head of this market 11/8 > 9/4 but nothing is being supported to beat it which suggests to me someone knows the favourite isn’t winning, but nobody has an opinion as to what will. A race I’d just watch.
- 5-01pm….Harry Fry’s FORTUNE MELODY is the one seeing most support at the moment 9/1 > 6/1, although they are sniffing aroiund UNE DE LA SENIERE 10/1 > 8/1. VIENNA COURT is rock soild on 5/1 but if I was playing here I’d definitely have a small 20/80 FORTUNES MELODY.
- 5-34pm….if I were at the track, it’s now I’d be in my car and getting out before the crowds. This is a Veteran’s race and about as punter friendly as a bookmaker. Nothing at all is being supported and it’s a race you leave alone.