Very much a day for betting for fun only with rain falling, going changing and serious betting on such a stupidly busy day of meeting banned as far as I’m concerned!
I have gone through all six meetings and selected these horses that will all be competitive in their respective races.
- SHOW YOURSELF (Beverley 3-28)….a solo 20/80 play at the odds.
- PROTAGONIST (Sandown 4-10)….making debut for Haggas having recently moved to him from Jessica Harrington’s yard and attracting market interest.
- PICTUAL (Sandown 4-45)….Ryan Moore riding for Sir Michael Stoute at this track always interests me. he has a 29% strike all ride for that yard here and is top jockey riding at the track this afternoon.
- DOUX ESPIRIT (Haydock 4-55)….taking a bit of a flyer here but I’m hoping the slower ground is right up his street. The fact Varian has booked Mitchell is a positive as on the 16 times he has put him up on one at Haydock, he has won on five and has a level stake profit to £1 of £22.55 when riding for this card here.
- DUKEDOM (Leicester 5-30)….not a “good thing” by any means as this critter has been a beaten favourite in five of his seven starts to date and Her Majesty will not be best pleased if he cannot take this. Gosden has got his rising star De La Sayette up and he is 2-6 at Leicester for his boss.
- LAKOTA BLUE (Carlisle 6-20)….will find this a ton easier than the Coventry at Royal Ascot when he went off 150/1 and was only beaten just over seven lengths. Not the best of draw in stall 1 but Faye McManoman is 5-18 for tinker here and has a superb 26% strike rate all rides here in the last five years.
- HOLOCENE (Nottingham 8-00)….the jockey pool is seriously stretched today but Haggas has made sure he got Stevie Donohoe on board this one….and on the two previous occasions they have teamed up here, they came away winners. No such things as a “banker” and five runner races are always “dodgy” but this look off and is a short price to succeed.
- DETECTIVE (Carlisle 8-20)….one of two running for Diane Sayer here and the fact Mulrennan is booked suggests this is the one of her pair, who are currently 1st and 3rd favourite. both DETECTIVE and JACKHAMMER are course specialists 4-11 and 4-7 at this track, respectively. Mulrennan has a 50% strike rate for Sayer here (7-14), and I’m hoping it’s 8-15 by 8-30pm….word of warning, Mark Johnston has a 3-y-o in here and and he’s a swine when it comes to plotting up younger horses for all aged handicaps….currently 2nd favourite, JILLY COOPER could be a fly in the ointment getting 15lb.
Pick four, five, or six, play as you feel fit and best of luck!