I’m now looking to the Cheltenham Festival for my list of 20 horses to follow and most will definitely be known to you.
However, a few will not, including the name of the horse I expect to be competitive in the Supreme Novices’ next March, and to be an even better ‘chaser in 2023, a definite Arkle candidate in that year. If I pull that off, it’s a better shout that SPRINTER SCARE winning that same race all those years ago now, when members were on @ 33/1 and all prices down.
As you would definitely expect, the majority are Irish based horses but I’ve a pair you will need to take note of that are with smaller UK trainers.
- JONBON (Nicky Henderson)
- APPRECIATE IT (Willie Mullins)
- KILCRUIT (Willie Mullins)
- GALOPIN DES CHAMPS (Willie Mullins)
- BOB OLINGER (Henry de Bromhead)
- RUN WILD FRED (Gordon Elliott)
- ELIMAY (Willie Mullins)
- LANGER DAN (Dan Skelton)
- CLASSIC GETAWAY (Willie Mullins)
- SIR GERHARDT (Willie Mullins)
- JUNGLE BOOGIE (Willie Mullins)
- EMMA BLUE (Oliver Greenall)
- GRAND JURY (Henry de Bromhead)
- STATTLER (Willie Mullins)
- GRANGECLARE WEST (Willie Mullins)
- MONTE IGUELDO (Oliver Greenall)
- JOURNEY WITH ME (Henry de Bromhead)
- NO ORDINARY JOE (Nicky Henderson)
- FLYING DEMON (Alistair Ralph)
- ZINC WHITE (Oliver Greenall)
The horse topping that list is the horse I believe will be a seriously good hurdler this season, but an even better ‘chaser next year. If you can get a price about him winning the 2023 Arkle, and it’s sensible, take it.
JONBON is by the sire of the horse we have a share in, WALK ON HIGH, and hopefully they both have an upward trajectory this season.
Derek O’Connor rode him to a 15 length victory in his PTP, got off him and was so gushing in his praise of the horse that JP McManus then stumped up the £570,000 it cost to take him home.
The horse was then sent to Nicky Henderson and made his debut for that yard in late March 2021, winning at odds on by just over four lengths.
When putting this list together I visited several bookmakers sites looking for Cheltenham prices about this horse and he is currently just 9/1 second favourite for the Supreme Novices’ next March.
It is definitely the Arkle 2023 I’m waiting for though!
THE 2022 SPECIALS
Would you like the very best Cheltenham/Aintree/Royal Ascot 2022 information delivered to you inbox? We have a package that is second to none that will see the price you take now locked in for life!
Full details can be found by clicking HERE